What is a 16G Level 2 workshop?
16G Level 2 offers an expanded and deepening experience of the capacity and power of the 16 Guidelines to bring happiness and meaning to our lives. Additionally it explores methods, tools and activities for sharing the 16G either with family and friends, or in settings such as education, youth work, health and social care and the workplace.
What does a Level 2 provide?
Led by an experienced, trained and accredited 16G facilitator, a Level 2 workshop will provide:
- A more profound understanding of the philosophical foundations of the 16G
- A deepening of the theory and practice of the skill of mindfulness
- An exploration of the methodologies on which the framework of 16G reflections, experiential tools and creative activities are based
- An opportunity to connect with other 16G practitioners who are active in the wider community, and to share ideas and understanding at greater length and depth
Level 2 will encourage and enable you to explore and reflect more deeply on the 16 Guidelines and Four Wisdom Themes. This is your next step if you have come to appreciate their capacity to shift old habits and attitudes, and to open up new possibilities for your relationships and engagement in the community. A Level 2 workshop will also provide you with the knowledge, familiarity and experience of a range of tools and methodologies for sharing the 16G with others, and a network of like-minded people who can act as a source of advice and support.
This is for you if:
- You feel you’ve benefited from Level 1 and BoB, and now want to go further
- You want to meet 16G practitioners from a wider geographical area
- You want to learn more about philosophical basis of the 16G methodologies, tools and activities
- You want to learn more about how to share your understanding and experience of the 16G and the Four Wisdom Themes with others, and about how to take forward the aims of Universal Education
- You are interested in further training to become a FDCW accredited 16 Guidelines Level 1 facilitator
Level 2 logistics
As with Level 1, a Level 2 workshop consists of 12 contact hours divided into 4 distinct three-hour sessions, and is often presented over a 2-day weekend. There are usually 10-30 participants, who each receive a printed handout and a certificate of completion. Breaks and meal times allow time for informal conversation.
When do Level 2 workshops take place, and how do I register?
Level 2 workshops are held in various countries throughout the world, as a sequel to Level 1 and BoB. To register for a course near you, check out the online calendar, and follow the link provided. You can also join our mailing list to get the latest news and dates.
If there is no Level 2 taking place in your area, there may be an option for you to attend a remote Level 2 workshop, delivered online. This ‘live’ real-time option follows the same structure as the face-to-face workshops and is especially designed for people who may not otherwise be able to attend a Level 2. Remote Level 2 workshops are also listed on our calendar.
Please note that the cost, schedule and other aspects of Level 2 workshops may vary around the world, depending on the facilitator, location, and organiser.